Resit an examination at The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Do I qualify for a resit examination?
Some courses offer a resit examination in the following semester for students who fail or who withdraw from an ordinary examination. The course description provides information about whether your course offers a resit examination or not.
A resit examination will not be offered for resit examinations. In such cases, you have to wait until the next ordinary examination.
In some cases, a resit examination can be given in another form than that of the ordinary exam. For instance, it may be given as an oral examination, even though the ordinary examination was a written one. Students to whom this applies will be notified by e-mail about one week before the examination.
Where do I sign up for a resit examination?
You can sign up for a resit examination on StudentWeb.
When can I register?
- In January, the registration deadline is about one week before the resit written examination is held. This is usually 5–10 January.
- In August, the registration deadline is the first weekend of August.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a resit examination is the same as the registration deadline.
Time and place
- For courses with the final examination in December, resit written examinations will be held on the Thursday and Friday before teaching begins in January.
- For courses with the final examination in June, resit written examinations will be held on the Thursday and Friday before teaching begins in August.
- The examination venue will be listed on StudentWeb 4–5 days before the examination.
If you have been granted adaptation of ordinary examinations, you will normally receive the same adaptation if you resit an examination.
If you have further questions, please contact the student information centre at The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.