The Viking Ship Museum
Address: Huk Aveny 35, 0287 Oslo
- There are 3 handicap spaces available and these are free of charge with an official HC-permit.
- From 1 May–30 September visitors can park at the museum for a fee during the museum’s opening hours.
- From 1 October–30 April visitors can park at the museum for free.
- Parking for tourist buses is available year-round.
You can either take bus number 30 from the city centre towards Bygdøy or the ferry from the City Hall Pier.
- Bus 30: From Jernbanetorget (in front of Oslo Central Station) to Vikingskipene every 10 minutes. Trip time is approximately 20 minutes.
Go to journey planner for bus 30 (ruter.no)
- Ferry: Runs from pier 3 by the City Hall every 30 minutes from 17 March to 15 October. Get off the ferry at the stop Dronningen. Time table and other useful information can be found at Norway Yatch Charter AS.
The museum shop has a wide range of goods related to the Viking era, e.g. copies of jewelry, wooden figures, games and ships as well as many books that deal with the Viking age for children and adults.
In the summer, visitors can purchase a snack or something drink at the outdoor public café.
- The building has two floors. The exhibition space is wheelchair accessible with exception of the upper balconies. The offices on the 1st floor are accessible through a side door.
- Entrances: The main entrance is wheelchair accessible, but the door is heavy. The side entrances are for staff only. Please notify the staff if you need assistance.
- Lift: A wheelchair lift is available inside.
- Toilets: A number of toilets are located in the basement. Toilets for disabled persons are also in the basement, and are accessible by a wheelchair lift. One HC-toilet is for the public and one is for the staff.
- Accessibility: Some interior doorways have high thresholds, non-standard widths and heavy doors. The building is not equipped with a wire loop. Please notify the staff if you need assistance or if there are other ways we can accommodate you.