Newsletter UiO:Life Science January 2019
Sign up for the Oslo Life Science Conference 11–14 February
Four days with events on health research, health industry, environmental research and sustainability for all who are interested in research, education, innovation, business and politics in life sciences. All the events are free of charge, but registration is required for most events.
11 February: Main conference event on health industry and reception
- Inspiring examples on collaboration between academia and industry from the top management of Bayer, FinnGen, Siemens and Roche as well as innovative researchers from UiO and OUS.
- The Minister of Health will present the new white paper on health industry, and we will host a debate on lessons learned from the examples we've heard – and a new era for health industry in Norway. You will also get the latest news on the life science building at UiO and its role for science and health industry.
- Reception in Oslo City Hall hosted by the Governing Mayor.
- UiO:Life Science in collaboration with Oslo Cancer Cluster, Norway Health Tech and The Pharmaceutical Industry (LMI). Sponsor: The Research Council of Norway.
- See the programme and sign up!
12–14 February: Many exciting events on health and environment
UiO:Life Science in collaboration with NMBU:
- 12 February: Young talents – career opportunities beyond academia
- 13 February: Climate change, health and environment: Is the world going to hell?
Sponsor: The Research Council of Norway.
UiO:Life Science in collaboration with Nationaltheatret and UiO:Science and Technology
13 February: Breakfast meeting on animal testing
UiO:Life Science in collaboration with the edtech company Creaza and The Norwegian Biotechnology Advisory Board
Events hosted by UiO:Life Science's convergence environments
Several of the interdisciplinary research groups that are funded by UiO:Life Science host their own conference events with support from UiO:Life Science and Oslo University Hospital.
- 12 February: Nordic Organ on a Chip Symposium
- 13 February: Personalized cancer therapy
- 14 February: Comparative immunology of fish and humans: A transdisciplinary workshop
Events hosted by several of our partners inside and outside UiO
- 12 February: Darwin Day 2019: Darwin's finches, Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES), UiO
- 13 February: Partnership for Life 2019, The Pharmaceutical Industry (LMI)
- 14 February: The Biotechnology Day 2019, The Norwegian Biotechnology Advisory Board
14 February conference closing: Light event with glimpses of life science in the Botanical Garden for the citizens of Oslo
Beautiful lighting, beautiful ice sculptures and life science researchers from UiO who communicate about bees, beetles, penguins, marine life, rhythms, climate house, viruses, bacteria and luminous food.
UiO:Life Science in collaboration with the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, the Department of Biosciences, the Department of Chemistry, the Faculty of Odontology, the Faculty of Social Sciences, the Department of Psychology, the Faculty of Humanities and the Natural History Museum.
The event is also a part of Oslo European Green Capital 2019.
Other news in brief
Sign up for SPARK Norway Educational Forum 23 January:
The topic is funding and partnering which is crucial for commercialization
- Funding of summer projects for students:
Researcher can provide summer project for students – deadline 1 February
- Status application process convergence environments:
The 36 applications are now being evaluated by experts and will be sent to the panel 1 February.
- Open call – no deadline