Installing software on your Windows office computer or UiO owned laptop
Use Software Center when installing software on your Windows office computer or UiO laptop. Using Software Center enables you to download software without being an administrator and without the help of local IT.
How to install from Software Center
- Start Software Center, either by searching in the start menu or by clicking this link.
- Software Center contains the software that is centrally maintained at UiO.
- Search for titles or keywords on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the software you want and then Install.
- When the installation is done, you will find the software in the start menu.
Is it not working?
- This is the procedure for installing software on what we call personal computers in our operational plans. That means UiO office computers, UiO laptops etc.
- This procedure does not work on communal equipment (computer rooms etc.). Contact local IT if you need software for communal equipment.
- Do you need software for your private computer? Find information about that here.
- Are you unsure if your computer is on the UiO operational plan?
- If you logged in with your UiO user, the computer is on the UiO operational plan.
- Do you have a Mac? Try using the Managed Software Center or MacProg instead.