Most people are currently working from home to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Below you will find guides for useful tools for this situation.
If you are looking for information about recording or streaming lectures, please see the IT pages for recording sound and video.
Access to office computer, applications, files, services and disks
Do you need to use applications or files from your office computer, or use UiO applications without installing them on your computer? You can access them from home by using Remote Desktop or UiO Programkiosk.
Also, learn more about access to applications and files at the UiO, from home.
Recording or streaming lectures from home
See the tools available to you at the UiO and their uses on the tool selection page for digital teaching with video.
Electronic library resources
Students and employees at UiO can access electronic resources purchased by the University Library also when not connected to the UiO network. Search normally in Oria, Google Scholar or similar, and log on with your UiO user account when asked.
Digital help from the library
The University Library can help you digitally. Here you find an overview of all digital help and contact information.
Cooperation and video meetings
The preferred tool for video meetings at the UiO is Zoom. Zoom is a new tool at the UiO, and is already widely used. It can be used for both video meetings and streaming/recording of lectures.
All students and staff at the UiO can download the Office applications for free, and use OneDrive and Teams from the UiO Office 365 solution. There you'll find tools for, among other, cooperative writing, text chat and video meetings.
Important tools when you work from home
- Access to your office computer from home: Guide to Remote Desktop
- Use and access programs available to UiO: Guide to Program Kiosk
- Software Download: Software Download Guide
- Office 365 and OneDrive
- Set up teams for easier collaboration: Microsoft Teams guide
- Webmail: you can always read your e-mail from mail.uio.no
- Email and Calendar at UiO: Guide to Email and Calendar
- Set up video conferences: Zoom guide
- Video meetings
- Facilitating office phone: Guidance for forwarding office phone
- Lectures: Digital lecture guide