USIT offers several services for those who run a server or a server service.
- Are you in the process of buying a computer?
- Need to run a server?
- Do you need to place your computer/server in central operations, or do you need a virtual computer?
- Do you need help with operations?
- Do you need help with centrally managed applications that will be used by many people?
- Do you need to acquire or set up software that will be accessible to more and need to run on a server platform?
USIT can help you. Our staff have long experience in the operation of servers and server services for the University of Oslo and the UH sector. We want to make such services as efficient, secure and affordable as possible while focusing on functionality and accessibility for users.
Machine and service monitoring
At the UiO we use ELK (Elasticsearch Logstash og Kibana) for collecting logs from computers and services.
Zabbix is used for monitoring computers and services.
Configuration management database
STM-browser is a tool for internal use, a service registry of primary services and dependancies – a CMDB (Configuration management database).