The University of Oslo Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)
UiO-CERT (established 2005-05-01) is the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) for the University of Oslo, Norway.
- UiO-CERT handles IT-related security incidents, such as virus, break-ins and vulnerabilities for the constituency
- UiO-CERT enforces the AUP (acceptable use-policy) and the The rules and procedures in the IT security handbook (in Norwegian)
- UiO-CERT provides services to the University of Oslo, our partners, and other CSIRTs. The list of services is revised and updated regularly, and can be found below.
- UiO-CERT is the hub of information in security related issues.
Read more about incident response and our constituency.
Our list of services
- Sending out announcements and vulnerability bulletins
- Technology watch
- Vulnerability watch
- Log parsing and analysis
- Other security related matters, independent of product and platform
- Training; internally and for cooperating partners
- Incident handling: on site, or support and coordination of incident handling, hereunder
- Determining whether or not there has occured a security incident (triage)
- Determining the extent of the incident (triage)
- Incident classification
- Determining incident cause
- Administering contact with involved parties and organizations and law enforcement
- Conducting investigations
- Gathering evidence for police investigations
- Administer restorarion of services
- Writing incident reports
- Announce necessary details to involved parties, included end users
- Prepare press information, if this is relevant
- Sharing information about malware or security beaches to the appropriate parties if this is relevant
- Vulnerability handling: analysis, response and coordination
- Artifact handling: Analysis, response and coordination