Learning outcomes 2017
Knowledge based learning outcomes
- The candidate will obtain a solid basis for challenging jobs in research, industry and government. The basis covers core issues in the areas of design, use and interaction and constitutes a basis for continuing development of skills that keep up with developments in IT and IT work.
- The candidate will get a unique interdisciplinary basis for user oriented design of IT in accordance with current legislation.
Skill based learning outcomes
- Analyze a problem and form a plan on how to work towards a solution.
- Carry out empirical studies, analyse them and use the analysis to design a solution.
- Construct theoretical models and implement them on a computer.
- Make realistic plans, taking limitations in resources, time and alternative solutions into consideration.
- Collect and analyze various types of information, and possess a healthy, critical attitude towards these sources.
- Work independently with a problem over a longer period of time.
- Write a longer continuous report and present the research clearly in writing.
- Communicate knowledge orally and in writing.
- Express own reflections and attitudes in regard to the area of research.
The program seeks to maintain and develop academic curiosity so as to promote scientific values such as openness, precision and the importance of separating between knowledge and opinions. At the end of the program the students should be able to reflect around central, ethical, philosophical and scientific problems in relation to individual work and the work of others.