With a master’s degree in English language, you will have acquired a range of practical and theoretical skills and insights:
- English language skills at an advanced level acquired through course work and thesis writing;
- good knowledge about language in general and the English language in particular;
- in-depth knowledge of selected areas of English linguistics depending on your choice of courses (such as corpus linguistics, contrastive analysis, language variation, language development, language learning);
- familiarity with linguistic research methods and their applications;
- experience in gathering and critically systematizing a substantial amount of information on your selected topic for thesis work;
- experience in planning and completing an extensive research project (the MA thesis).