E-Pal is a new initiative to strengthen digital teaching approaches in the Palestinian higher education sector, where employees at the LINK Centre for Learning, Innovation and Academic Development collaborate with Palestinian colleagues at Palestine Polytechnic University in the West Bank and University College of Applied Sciences in Gaza to develop new technological, pedagogical and organizational approaches to digitally mediated teaching and learning. In addition, the project will strengthen ICT and education as a research field in Palestine.
The project is funded by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) through the Norwegian Programme for Capacity Development in Higher Education and Research for Development (NORHED).
Project period: 2021-2026
Our Work Areas
Our project focuses on six interrelated areas:
- Conducting and publishing research on e-learning in higher education in Palestine and on the recent global trends in the field, and providing PhD and PostDoc fellowship opportunities.
- Organizing training and development workshops and courses for Palestinian academics in e-learning in higher education.
- Developing existing educational offerings in Palestinian universities to meet the new demands in higher education for more focus on e-learning and blended learning.
- Developing a new master programme in Palestine focusing on e-learning in higher education, and new e-learning study and training centres,
- Contributing in developing governmental and institutional polices related to e-learning in higher education.
- Further develop Palestinian higher education institutions' networks in relation to e-learning in higher education.
5 October 2021: E-Pal project kick off ceremony