Rhythm Production and Perception Workshop (RPPW 2021)
The 18th Rhythm Production and Perception Workshop (RPPW) will take place at RITMO, University of Oslo, 22-25 June, 2021.
RPPW is an international biannual event that brings researchers from a range of disciplines together to engage in discussions about the scientific study of rhythm. Rhythm is at the core of a wide range of human tasks, from speaking and dancing, to walking and synchronising with others. The workshop is traditionally centred around psychology and neuroscience, but we encourage participation from ethnomusicology and other relevant disciplines. The workshop will host oral presentations, posters, and tutorials with satellite activities.
Mark the dates
- 15 November 2020: Submission system opens
- 15 February 2021: Deadline for abstract submissions
- 15 March 2021: Notification of acceptance
- 15 March 2021: Notification of conference format
- 15 March 2021: Registration opens
- 22-25 June 2021: Conference
Call for submissions
Presenters are asked to submit abstracts of up to 500 words plus references for poster and oral presentation. Submissions will be made through EasyChair. The portal is open until 15 February, 2021.
Short proposals for tutorials and workshops should be sent to email@example.com.
Potential topics include (but are not limited to):
- Rhythm and synchronisation
- Synchrony and order perception
- Multisensory temporal processing
- Acquisition of time knowledge and temporal concepts
- Timing and memory, attention, emotion and metacognition
- Beat tracking and onset detection
- Music structure analysis
- Expressive timing, microrhythm and performance modelling
- Ensemble or group performance
- Rhythm in neurorehabilitation
Anne Danielsen (chair)