MEVIT4525 – Contemporary Tendencies in Scandinavian Visual Fiction
The course focuses upon historical, theoretical and analytical approaches to contemporary Scandinavian visual fiction, with an emphasize on film and TV-drama.
The course will discuss possible connections between Scandinavian productions and international tendencies. Relevant issues might be;
- culture industry
- national cinema and TV
Upon completion of the course, the student is expected to be able to:
- recognize and describe key characteristics of recent Scandinavian visual fiction
- demonstrate knowledge of central Scandinavian works
- acount for important genres in Scandinavian visual fiction
- name important film and televison makers, and explain their style
- give an overview of the film and television industries and their economy in Norway, Sweden, and Denmark
- account for the history of visual fiction in Scandinavia
- analyse a film or television series, using advanced theory
Students who are admitted to study programmes at UiO must each semester register which courses and exams they wish to sign up for in Studentweb.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures.
Access to teaching
A student who has completed compulsory instruction and coursework and has had these approved, is not entitled to repeat that instruction and coursework. A student who has been admitted to a course, but who has not completed compulsory instruction and coursework or had these approved, is entitled to repeat that instruction and coursework, depending on available capacity.
The exam is a portfolio assessment.
Use of sources and citation
Examination support material
No examination support material is allowed.
Language of examination
The examination text is given in English, and you submit your response in English.
Grades are awarded on a scale from A to F, where A is the best grade and F is a fail. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Resit an examination
Withdrawal from an examination
It is possible to take the exam up to 3 times. If you withdraw from the exam after the deadline or during the exam, this will be counted as an examination attempt.
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.