INF5910CPS – Cyber physical systems
Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) is an engineering discipline and specifies the integrations of and interaction between computation and physical processes. CPS integrates the dynamics of the physical processes with those of the communications, computation and networking, and analysis techniques for the integrated systems. Applications of CPS include traffic control and safety, advanced automotive systems, intelligent buildings, environment monitoring, smart energy management and many more.
This research-oriented seminar explores state-of-the art principles, methods, and techniques for devising cyber physical systems. The seminars covers
- Cyber physical systems and computing: architectural and infrastructural principles
- Wireless sensor networks: architectures, protocols and techniques
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) key components and systems
- Internet of Things (IoT) for pervasive computing
Specific seminar topics include
- Routing in wireless sensor networks
- Medium access control in wireless sensor networks
- Localization in wireless/mobile sensor networks
- Data aggregation and fusion in wireless sensor networks
- Clustering schemes in wireless sensor networks
- Anti-collision mechanisms and medium access protocols in RFID systems
- Interplay sensing and actuators in cyber physical system
- Context aware emerging applications and services in IoT
- Optimization and analysis approach in protocols performance evaluation
The seminar provides students with a basic understanding of state-of-the-art in the area of cyber physical systems.
Students who are admitted to study programmes at UiO must each semester register which courses and exams they wish to sign up for in Studentweb.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures.
Recommended previous knowledge
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException and Error: java.lang.NullPointerException. It would be an advantage to have knowledge corresponding to Error: java.lang.NullPointerException
10 credits overlap with include:ref: null
Seminar, 3 hours per week.
Oral exam. General information about the examination.
Examination support material
No examination support material is allowed.
Grades are awarded on a scale from A to F, where A is the best grade and F is a fail. Read more about the grading system.
Resit an examination
This subject does not offer new examination in the beginning of the subsequent term for candidates who withdraw during an ordinary examination or fail an ordinary examination. For general information about new
examination, see /studier/admin/eksamen/sykdom-utsatt/mn/index.html and /english/studies/admin/examinations/new-exam/index.html
Withdrawal from an examination
It is possible to take the exam up to 3 times. If you withdraw from the exam after the deadline or during the exam, this will be counted as an examination attempt.
It is strongly recommended to attend the first lecture since it will be given important information.