ERN4221 – Molecular Nutrition
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
Presentation and discussions on frontier subjects in protein, lipid, and carbohydrate biology.
- Mechansims by which nutrients can execute their biological effects
- Methods in studies of molecular nutrition - from single atoms to intact Organisms.
- All the "omics" genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and
- Lipids - types, synthesis, secretion and degradation
- Lipids - functions and interaction with nutrients
- Lipids and diseases - CVD, obesity & diabetes
- Signal transduction and regulation of body weight
- Glycoconjugates - types, synthesis, secretion and degradation
- Glycoconjugates - functions and interaction with nutrients
- Glycoconjugates and diseases - diabetes, CVD & musculo-skeletal diseases
- Advanced glycated end products.
See the handbook of the course.
Students who are admitted to study programmes at UiO must each semester register which courses and exams they wish to sign up for in Studentweb.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures.
Formal prerequisite knowledge
Bachelors Degree in Nutrition or equivalent.
4 presentations (mappeevaluering) and 2 written tests of 30 questions each.
Examination support material
No examination support material is allowed.
Language of examination
Grades are awarded on a scale from A to F, where A is the best grade and F is a fail. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Resit an examination
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.