HMAN5200 – Topics in Health Management
· Theoretical and empirical approaches towards active and healthy ageing
· Strategic Implementation Plan of the European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing
· Insight into healthy ageing strategies in Austria, Italy, Norway and the Netherlands.
This course will be taught as a summer school in Brussels, Belgium 15th-21th June 2015. Additionally there will be one lecture in April 2015.
The course is an integrated part of the European Master in Health Economics & Management (pilot phase for a joint degree); a cooperation between Erasmus University Rotterdam, University of Oslo, University of Bologna and Management Center Innsbruck.
1) Understand challenges and current developments in the area of health promotion with a focus on healthy ageing
2) Develop a comparative view on current state of healthy ageing policies in different European countries
3) Develop ideas to foster healthy ageing strategies across different European countries.
Students who are admitted to study programmes at UiO must each semester register which courses and exams they wish to sign up for in Studentweb.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures.
The course is predominantly offered to students enrolled in the programme European Master in Health Economics and Management.
Main activities take place in in multinational/multicultural workgroups guided by a lecturer. Part of the activities will be preparational reading in the home countries, lectures on the topic from different perspectives, a practical insight in health authorities in Brussels, a concluding part with lecturers and seminars given by an international team of academic teachers, final presentations in the plenary. Location will be the Brussels, Belgium.
- Comparative reflection of healthy ageing policies in different European countries (Essay, 60% of grading)
- Preparation, presentation and discussion (role play) of a proposal for an international cooperation project (project development during summer school with final role play, 40% of grading)
Language of examination
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Resit an examination
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.
The course is subject to continuous evaluation. At regular intervals we also ask students to participate in a more comprehensive evaluation.