Invoice: address and marking
Sending an invoice to University of Oslo
Suppliers outside Norway must use this email address for sending PDF invoices: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suppliers from Europe can start sending e-invoices: OpenPEPPOL (peppol.eu)
Invoices are received and processed electronically.
Requirement for Norwegian Suppliers is to send the invoices electronically, EHF-format.
The invoice must be made out to the University of Oslo and sent to:
Invoice address for electronic invoice
Supplier support reminders:
Requirements for invoice content
- Purchase order number or ordering code
- All invoices must include information required by the Norwegian Accounting Act.
What is an electronic invoice?
An electronic invoice is an invoice that is transferred electronically from the supplier to the invoice recipient. An electronic invoice is imported and processed electronically in the invoice recipient’s accounts system. PDF attachments or attachments to emails cannot be imported electronically and are therefore not regarded as electronic invoices.
How do I start sending electronic invoices to UiO?
It is not necessary to enter into a formal agreement between the supplier and UiO. The supplier must have a system to enable them to send electronic invoices, and be connected to a message centre or access point which facilitates the exchange of electronic invoices. The supplier must validate the messages against the specifications.
Suppliers who are sending a limited number of invoices per year use a free portal for sending electronic invoices.
Email invoices address, Suppliers outside Norway: email@example.com.
We have automated retrieval for invoices sent as attachments in emails.
- Emails received with valid invoice files are forwarded to automatic interpretation and verification.
- Only the following file formats are supported: JPEG, JPG, PDF, PNG, TIFF and TIF.
- Appendices and specifications must be attached in the same file as the invoice, otherwise they will neither be handled nor returned.
- Unsupported files or separate appendices and specifications will not be handled or returned.
- Text in subject or content will not be read or handled.
- Links to invoices in content will not be handled.
- Terms of payment: Net 30 days unless other written agreement.
- Marking: Always mark invoice with a purchase order number or a 6 digit code. This is required for all invoices.
- University of Oslo’s purchase order numbers in 2019 start with E19….
- The 6 digit code can have different combinations, depending on the University unit placing the order.
- The 6 digit code will be supplied to you when a person is placing the order, otherwise the purchase order number E18…..will appear.This is important, without the purchase order number or the 6 digit code, the invoice will not be submitted for approval and payment in our system.
- PDF invoices: do not enter billing information in the email, only the attachment is imported into our system.
- Handwritten text and labeling is not valid because of automated interpretation of input data.
- Invoices with correct billing address, purchase order number or 6 digit code, ensures timely treatment and reduces time spent in the invoice flow.
- Invoices from our suppliers that are not marked with the correct billing address, a purchase order number or a 6 digit code will delay the approval and payment.
Supplier support for the University of Oslo's invoice routines: firstname.lastname@example.org