UiO academic staff can apply for Erasmus+ funding for short teaching stays at partner institutions in Europe. The stay must be pre-approved by your manager and the main purpose of the stay must be to teach.
All UiO staff may apply for a training mobility grant.
- You must be an UiO faculty staff member, PhD students and post.docs are also eligible for a grant.
- Your department/unit most hold an Erasmus+ agreement with the receiving institution. Teaching mobility must be included in the agreement. Contact your local international coordinator/agreement responsible for an overview of European universities your department has a mobility agreement with.
- The teaching assignment must be an integral part of the teaching program at the receiving institution.
- The stay must last between two days and two months. Normally , support is given for 3-5 days. Longer stays must be justified specifically. Funding is granted for up to two travel days.
- The minimum requirement for a teaching assignment is 8 teaching hours per week. (Note: if the teaching activity is combined with a training activity during a single period abroad, the minimum hours of teaching per week, is reduced to 4 hours)
- The content, scope and dates of the teaching assignment must be agreed with the partner university in advance.
- Your manager must approve the stay and agree to cover the remaining costs beyond the grant amount.
- In case of competition between applicants, those who have not received funding through Erasmus+ staff mobility before will be prioritised.
Note: Only applications that are in compliance with all the criteria above will be assessed. Priority will be given to first-time applicants.
- The grant is intended as a contribution to increase employee mobility at UiO.
- The grant amount will only cover part of the expenses associated with the stay. It is anticipated that the unit covers excess amount.
- Check the current grant rates.
- The grant is not transmitted directly to the participant, but to his/her department after the stay is completed.
How to apply
A complete application consists of:
- Online application
- Invitation letter specifying the dates of the stay and the teaching program (uploaded in the application form)
- Mobility Agreement signed by applicant and applicant's immediate manager (uploaded in the application form)
Note: Only complete applications will be considered.
- Have early contact with the host institution so that the invitation letter is available when you apply. You must also have the host institution's Participant Identification Code available (ec.europa.eu). Ask for this to be provided along with the invitation or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Spend a good time on the application form. You will need to explain the contents, length, purpose and expected results of your stay.
- Remember to inform the international coordinator at your faculty that you are applying. She/he will also be able to guide you along the way in the application process.
There is no set application deadline. Please apply as early as possible, and allow for up to four weeks of processing time. Applications are processed on a continuing basis.
Employees with special needs are encouraged to apply. Contact us for more information about the ability to seek additional funds to cover expenses associated with special needs if this is new to you.
If your application is granted you will receive a Grant Agreement that must be signed and returned to the Erasmus+ team before departure.
During your stay
Ask the receiving institution to confirm the dates of your stay by signing the Confirmation of Erasmus Staff Mobility for Teaching (word).
After your stay
- Return the Confirmation of mobility stay with exact dates, signed by the host institution: Confirmation of Erasmus Mobility for Teaching (word) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expenses related to the staff mobility will only be reimbursed once you submit a travel expenses claim in the UiO HR Portal when you return. Remember to keep all receipts. More information about settling travel expenses claims is available here: http://www.uio.no/english/for-employees/employment/travel/settlement/
- Your department/unit will settle the travel expenses claim. You must send a copy of the travel expenses claim to email@example.com to make sure that your unit receives the grant.
- You must also submit an electronical report of your stay, which will be sent to your e-mail.
Invite guest lecturers from EU countries
Your department may also invite guest lecturers from partner universities and staff from enterprises to teach at UiO. You can organise this locally at your department. Please inform the Erasmus+ coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guest lecturers from Erasmus+ programme country universities apply for a mobility grant at their home university.