Call for SPARK projects
The application deadline for this call was 15 November 2018. We received 23 applications within the deadline. Finalists will be selected medio December 2018. They will be invited to pitch projects before our external SPARK review panel primo January 2019. A new call will be out in the fall 2019.
- Are you a scientist working on health-related topics in the life science domain? Do you have an idea for a new solution or technology with innovation potential, but need help to take the next steps? Why not let the new two-year SPARK Norway programme at UiO help you!
- Watch videos with three SPARKees and get inspired to apply
- Read about the SPARK Norway programme, your benefits and how it works before you fill out the application form below
The application process
The selection criteria are very simple. Proposed projects must:
- Work on health-related topics (human or animal health) in the life science domain
- Meet an unmet need in this domain
- Utilize a novel approach
- Based on the project team, stage of project, and development path, have the potential to advance to one of the following with 2 years of SPARK Norway support:
- Clinical testing
- Be an attractive licensing option
- Be at a stage where further funding from other sources can be obtained
Who can apply?
Any UiO, OUS or Akershus University Hospital (Ahus) affiliate (faculty, hospital, postdoctoral fellow, or graduate student team) is welcome to apply. However, at least one person in the project team must be employed at UiO. For project leaders that are not employed at UiO a project team member employed at UiO must be named in the application. All funding will be transferred via the UiO department of this project member.
Ideas in all phases, from very early to more developed, are eligible.