Newsletter UiO:Life Science August 2017
Other events autumn 2017
UiO:Life Science and life science clusters and organisations will promote Norwegian healthcare and life science industry at Nordic Life Science Days (NLSDays) in Malmö–Copenhagen. At the Academic Catwalk the 12th Irep Gözen, who is the leader of one of the newly established convergence environments funded by UiO:Life Science, will present her work.
The festival showcases the latest in science, technology and entrepreneurship. Several life science researchers from UiO on stage.
Organizers: UiO, Inven2 and Oslotech. The event is part of Oslo Innovation Week.
- Take part in Inven2's matchmaking for PhD students, researchers and businesses who want to meet new collaborators
27 September: Breakfast seminar on health data (in Norwegian)
The amount of information stored about us in the health service, and the amount of data that we collect with body sensors and smartphones, is growing. How is privacy secured, and what can happen when society knows too much about us? We are debating on the background of this autumn's 1984 production at Nationaltheatret.
Organizers: UiO:Life Science, UiO:Science and technology and Nationaltheatret. The event is a part of the National Science Week.
- Read about how one of the speakers, Ole Andreassen, has contributed to a new genetic test for Alzheimer's disease (in Norwegian)
Algae can be used to make foods, medicines and energy. How can researchers, entrepreneurs, policy makers and investors help bringing ideas to the market?
Organizers: UiO:Life Science and the Norwegian Biotechnology Advisory board. The event is a part of Oslo Innovation Week and the National Science Week.
Events with funding from UiO:Life Science
- Sven Furberg Seminars in Bioinformatics and Statistical Genomics
- EMBL in Norway, 29th of September
- Fake news and fact resistance, 23rd of October
- The 31st Annual Meeting of the Scandinavian Pollination Ecologists (SCAPE 2017), 26th–29th of October
- BIO-konferansen 2017, 3rd of November
- Nordic conference – Data Sharing and the Data Economy: Aspirations and Legal Realities, 13th–15th of November
Oslo Life Science 12–15 February 2018 – investing in health and environment.
The conference for all who are interested in research, education, innovation, business and politics in life sciences. This will be the third conference in a row.
Organizers: UiO:Life Science, LMI, Oslo University Hospital, NMBU, Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES) at UiO, the Norwegian Biotechnology Advisory Board and the City of Oslo.
- Watch the highlights from this year's conference on NRK.
- Watch all the talks for the main day of this year's conference.
- Director UiO:Life Science (in Norwegian)
- PhD positions in interdisciplinary life science research groups – convergence environments – funded by UiO:Life Science. The environments will study man-made pollutants, the peculiar immune system of codfish, embryonic development, personalised cancer therapies, human genetic history and new technologies to handle both disease and pollutants.
Apply for funding from UiO:Life Science
Several opportunities for support from UiO:Life Science for academic employees, post docs, PhD students and Master students at UiO. Application deadline 1st of December.