MN-student: Register for a postponed exam or to resit an examination
Students at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences register for a postponed exam or to resit an examination in Studentweb.
In order to register for a postponed exam, you must have a valid reason for not attending an ordinary exam. See guidelines and valid reasons to apply for a postponed exam spring 20.
- Log on Studentweb. Click Registration in the left menu.
- If you have not confirmed your education plan, do this by controlling/updating the information that is shown in the window.
- Click on Register for teaching and examinations in the left hand menu.
- Click on the Add course-link.
- Fill out the field Course code for the course you wish to register for, and click Find.
- A new space will be shown in the window. Mark Choose to the left hand side of the course code and click Add chosen course.
- A new window will appear. Check Examination and choose e.g. 2011-Spring-K... under Semester. Click Save.
- Should you wish to register for a postponed exam or to resit a examination (new exam) in several courses, click Add course and follow the above guidelines once more. If not, log out of Studentweb.
When can I register for an exam?
- The deadline for registration in January is approximately one week before the postponed or new examination is held, usually between January 5-10.
- In August the deadline for registration is before the first weekend in August.
- The deadline for withdrawing from a postponed or to resit an examination (new exam) is the same date as the deadline for registering a postponed exam or to resit an examination.
Time and place
- For courses with the final examination in the autumn semester, postponed examinations will be held in January.
- For courses with the final examination in the spring semester, postponed written home examinations will begin Thursday and Friday (morning and afternoon) the week before teaching begins in August.
- Some courses will hold oral examinations instead of written examination. If a course changes the examination form from written to oral examination, this will be made known by the end of week 32.
- The examination venue will be listed on Studentweb 4–5 days before the examination.