Apply for renewal of residence permit
Non-EU/EEA-students who will be staying in Norway for more than one year must remember to apply for renewal of their residence permit at least one month before the residence permit expires.
Due to the Covid-19 situation, the procedure for renewing your residence permit has been changed, and the police is offering a digital solution for submitting your documents. The police request that you use the digital solution and not book an appointment. The appointments are meant for persons who need to order a residence permit card.
- Check the requirements and register an application for renewal of residence permit (udi.no)
- Pay the UDI application fees
- Order a progress report from Knutepunktet.
- Please fill out the form and send it to the police.
- You will receive an automatic e-mail containing a DUF-number, which you will need to upload your documents.
- Upload your documents. Please see the guideline for how to upload your documents.
When to apply for a renewal
- Due to the waiting time we recommend that you register the application 3 months before your residence permit expires.
- If you have received an F-code by sms or e-mail you can fast-track the renewal of your residence permit.
- If you have questions about the F-code, please contact UDI.
Information needed when applying:
- UiO organisation number: 971 035 854
- E-mail address: email@example.com
Renewal when admitted to a new study programme
If you have been admitted to a new study programme at a higher level (from bachelor to master), this will be deemed to be a continuation of previous studies by UDI. Read about what you need to document in order to renew your study residence permit, if that is the case.