Confirmations and verifications
In most cases where you need confirmation/verification, you can use your digital student ID or paper semester receipt, Diploma Registry, transcripts, diplomas or decision letter.
You already have confirmation/verification of the following:
- That you are a student - the semester receipt confirms that you are a student this semester and that you have paid the semester fee.
- Start and end of the semester - you will find the academic calendar on our website.
- Leave of absence - this is confirmed in your decision letter.
- The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund will automatically be notified that you are registered as a student and which examinations you have taken.
- From the Diploma Registry you can digitally share your results (subject, semester, credits and grades) with others. If you need the results on paper, you can order a transcript.
- Degree - if you have received a diploma, you have confirmation of your degree.
Student ticket discounts at Ruter
If you want to buy a student ticket at Ruter, you can show the student ID app. When you have paid the semester fee and registered as a student for the current semester, the app will show a yellow box at the bottom of the display with the text "Valid semester receipt".
When can you ask for confirmation/verification?
- If authorities in Norway (e.g. NAV or Helsedirektoratet) or in your home country require additional documentation of your student status.
- If you need to postpone military service. Confirmation can be sent to your conscription office together with your application.
- Your faculty decides whether or not they can provide confirmation.
Here's how you obtain a digitally signed confirmation that you are a student
You can order a digitally signed confirmation that you are a student if you
- have admission to a course or specific programme of study,
- and have both paid the semester fee
- and registered as a student this semester.
- You order in Studentweb.
- You can read about the digital signature on the Common Student System's website (Felles studentsystem).
- Single course students cannot order a digitally signed confirmation.
Other confirmation/verification needs
- Faculty of Humanities:Order confirmation of completed one-year programme
- Renewal of residence permit: Order your progress report when applying for renewal of residence permit
- Quota students: Request for certificate (This request form is aimed at current Quota- students and scholarship students. Current international students on exchange or a degree program (Bachelor or Master) in need of a general student status certificate, please contact your faculty.
- Learning agreements and confirmation of Erasmus+ exchange.