The Honours Certificate offers a unique opportunity to broaden your studies through course work related to environmental topics. The certificate is aimed at students with a strong personal interest in learning more about the current environmental and climatic crisis, and developing creative responses to it.
- You will learn about current environmental challenges such as biodiversity loss, the climate crisis, air pollution, emerging diseases, or the agricultural crisis from specialists in their respective areas.
- Through lectures, seminars, field visits and inputs from environmental practitioners you will learn to understand how different approaches and trans-disciplinary thinking are essential for critically engaging with the challenges of the so-called Anthropocene era.
- You will learn how to jointly develop 'problem-centered' empirical environmental research that is informed by different disciplines.
You will gain:
- Expertise in working constructively in interdisciplinary teams and leading conversations across disciplines at an early stage of your career
- Theoretical, methodological and practical skills for doing environmental research
- Competence in developing a small collaborative environmental research project in a group setting
- The capacity to use creative methods for communicating and presenting research on the environmental and climatic crisis to a broader audience
- You will develop the ability to look beyond disciplinary confines to study environmental topics across disciplinary boundaries.
- You will learn to critically engage with current environmental issues from multiple disciplinary perspectives.
- You will train your capacity to engage with questions of environmental justice and ethics.