Semester abroad

There are many options for you to study abroad during your Master's degree. Through a semester or a year abroad you will acquire language skills, a network of contacts and international experience vital to your further career.

When can I study abroad?

You can study abroad in your second and/or third semester. Courses taken on exchange can be approved as replacements for your obligatory courses. Please contact your study advisor to plan your exchange.

In your third semester you can go on EUS4900 - The International Project term Europe - America. (Not if you do Literary Translation).

Where can I study abroad?

The Department of Literature, Area Studies and European Languages (ILOS) administer exchange agreements in Great Britain and the United States. You will be prioritized to these agreements if you apply to them.

  • University of Strathclyde. - At Scotland's Third largest University, located in Glasgow, you can find a wide variety of courses in English Language and Literature.
  • University of Edinburgh. - Edinburgh is especially good if you are interested in British Studies/British history.
  • University of York: Det norske studiesenteret. - Enjoy a semester abroad in historical York. At this university you will find a variety of courses in English Language, Literature and British Studies.
  • Montana State University. - This university is located in Bozeman, Montana, where you can study surrounded by mountains and open spaces. MSU offers a range of courses within American Studies, and is particularly suitable for students interested in Native American Studies.

You can also apply to agreements administered by the Faculty of Humanities. You will be prioritized to these agreements as a Faculty of Humanities student.

The University of Oslo administer exchange agreements with universities all over the world that you can apply to.


How do I apply?

For practical information about an exchange agreement at the University of Oslo (contact person, application, deadlines, etc.), please refer to the website of the agreement.

Please contact Lisbeth Larsen if you have questions about agreements administered by ILOS.

Published Aug. 15, 2014 12:27 PM - Last modified Feb. 1, 2018 1:08 PM