The study programme consists of 60 ECTS credits of theoretical curriculum and a master's thesis of 60 ECTS. Please see the programme for general structure and requirements.
The study programme has four specializations
- Low energy quantum phenomenon
- Structure physics
- Disordered and complex systems
- Semiconductor physics
Low energy quantum phenomenon: recommended courses
Structure physics: recommended courses
- FYS4340 – Diffraction Methods and Electron Microscopy
- FYS5310 – Electron Microscopy, Electron Diffraction and Spectroscopy II
Disordered and complex systems: recommended courses
Semiconductor physics: recommended courses
- FYS4310 – Material Science of Semiconductors
- FYS-MENA4111 – Quantum Mechanical Modelling of Nano Materials
Other relevant courses
There might also be other courses relevant for you. Please discuss options with either your supervisor or your contact person.
You can take parts of Your master abroad. We recommend study abroad in Your 2nd or 3rd semester. See more information regarding study abroad on the general programme webpage.