FYS4460 – Disordered Systems and Percolation
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
Admission to the course
Students admitted at UiO must apply for courses in Studentweb. Students enrolled in other Master's Degree Programmes can, on application, be admitted to the course if this is cleared by their own study programme.
Nordic citizens and applicants residing in the Nordic countries may apply to take this course as a single course student.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures for international applicants.
Recommended previous knowledge
- 10 credits overlap with FYS9460 – Disordered Systems and Percolation.
- 5 credits overlap with FYS4465 – Dynamics of Complex Media.
- 5 credits overlap with FYS9465 – Dynamics of Complex Media.
- 2 hours of lectures per week
- 2 hours of colloquia per week
This course has mandatory theoretical and numerical assignments.
Final oral exam.
Grades are awarded on a scale from A to F, where A is the best grade and F is a fail. Read more about the grading system.
Resit an examination
This course offers both postponed and resit of examination. Read more: