Change of seminar group for courses at bachelor level
You can apply for a change of seminar group or you can try to change your seminar group in Studentweb.
How to apply for a change of seminar group
You must submit the online form. Please note that this form is only for bachelor level courses at the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- 29 August (we encourage you to apply as early as possible)
How is your application assessed?
You are not guaranteed a change of seminar group. When assessing your application, we take into consideration if you:
- Did not get any of the three groups you prioritized in Studentweb.
- Have been placed in a group which collides with teaching in a course in your recommended study plan.
When and how will you get your answer?
- You receive a response to your UiO-email as soon as possible, 6 September at the latest.
Change from seminar group to no seminar, or from no seminar to seminar group?
- In some courses you can choose if you want to attend seminars or not. You will find information about whether this is an option on the course page under "Teaching". Example: PSY1200.
- If you wish to apply for change from seminar group to no seminar (seminar 99), or the opposite, you must also submit the online form or change the group in Studentweb.
- Whether your application is granted will depend on capacity.
- Please be aware that the no seminar-option may require that you complete other compulsory activities. You will find information about compulsory activities on the course page.
Absence from compulsory activities
- Read the information about compulsory activities on the course page under the heading “Teaching”.
- If the seminar teaching starts before you receive a response to your application, you have to meet to the seminar you are registered on.
- If you do not complete and pass the compulsory activities, you are not permitted to take the exam.