Scholarships at the ISS
ISS offers a number of scholarships and grants. This is part of the University of Oslo’s goal to demonstrate academic solidarity and ensure that our summer school represents global diversity. Read our full scholarship policy.
Since our funds are limited, competition for ISS scholarships is very tough. The ISS only offers scholarships for applicants to the International Summer School, not applicants to all year programmes at the University of Oslo.
To be a successful ISS scholarship recipient, you must demonstrate:
- That you meet the academic requirements
- A strong academic record
- The relevance of your academic and/or professional background to the course you apply for in your statement of purpose (see course descriptions for more information)
Who cannot, on a general basis, apply for scholarships:
- Applicants to ISSN0110 Intensive Elementary Norwegian, Level I
- Former recipients of an ISS scholarship
- Persons who have a residence permit in Norway or another Nordic country who are not currently programme students at UiO
Read the full terms and conditions for the scholarship.
See if you can apply for a scholarship
I am a student at a partner university
Students enrolled at a UiO partner university can apply for scholarships for Bachelor's and Master's courses. Read more.
I am a resident of USA or Canada
Applicants from USA and Canada can apply for partial scholarships for Bachelor's and Master's courses. Read more.
I am a programme student at the University of Oslo
Master's and Bachelor's programme students at the University of Oslo can apply for a limited number of off-campus scholarships to take Master's and Bachelor's courses at the ISS. UiO programme students cannot apply for scholarships to take Norwegian language courses. Read more.
All other applicants
All other applicants can apply for scholarships for Master's level courses and Norwegian language courses. Read more.