RITMO Seminar: Muddy Rhythms & Broken Beats
Welcome to the seminar Muddy Rhythms & Broken Beats at RITMO Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Rhythm, Time and Motion, February 4-5. The focus of the seminar is on experimental grooves, typically perceived of as breaking the “rules.”
About the seminar
- How do producers experiment with rhythm and groove via the use of processing effects, sequencer tools and samples?
- What is the relationship between interface design and groove aesthetics?
- How do listeners make sense of muddy rhythms and broken beats?
- What is the relation between sound and perceived timing in these grooves?
- How can we explain the producers’ and listeners’ fascination with muddy rhythms and broken beats?
(Note that there are different rooms for each of the days).
To know how much food to order and your dietary preferences, please fill out the form and sign up for the seminar here by Monday 27th of January.
The seminar is organized by the research projects TIME, MASHED and RITMO Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Rhythm, Time and Motion.