Learning outcomes - JUS5690
Learning Outcomes for master’s level (10 credits):
- Overview of key regulatory issues raised by emerging developments in robotics, including autonomous vehicles, autonomous weapons, human-robot interaction, and cyborgs.
- Knowledge of how the law regulates robots and cyber-physical systems with respect to safety and regulatory oversight, liability, privacy and security
- Knowledge of regulatory issues raised by artificial intelligence, including discrimination, transparency, privacy, use for law enforcement and copyright protection.
- Good knowledge of a specific sub-set of regulatory issues in a focus area selected by student groups in agreement with the teacher.
- Ability to discuss regulatory issues in light of ethical, gender and technical perspectives in robotics.
- Ability to reflect over the need for regulation of robotics and artificial intelligence.
- Ability to participate in policy debates about emerging issues in robotics and their regulation at domestic, European and international Level.
- Understanding how the emergence of robotics may affect society, including in sectors such as transport, health, employment, and public security.
- Understanding of weaknesses and strengths of regulation, and its effect on innovation.
- Development of oral presentation skills.
Published June 9, 2020 8:39 AM - Last modified June 9, 2020 8:39 AM