INF5580 – Master seminar in information systems
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
The seminar covers relevant topics in information Systems. Classic and fundamental works from a number of overlapping research fields, such as Participatory Design, Computer-Supported Collaborative Work, Information Systems Research, Science and Technology Studies and Organization Studies are introduced. In addition will contemporary research topics from our own, local research tradition be presented.
The participants will gain:
- a broad and cross-disciplinary overview over the Information Systems Field
- familiarity with a number of relevant research traditions, theories and concepts
- familiarity with classic and fundamental works
- ability of critical reading of academic texts
- appreciation of relevant contributions from other disciplines
- skills of presenting theoretical and conceptual works and discussing them critically
Students who are admitted to study programmes at UiO must each semester register which courses and exams they wish to sign up for in Studentweb.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures.
A maximum of 15 students can be enrolled (due to discussion format of seminar).
If ranking is required, master students on the programme Informatics:design,use, interaction who have the course in their study plan will be prioritized.
Recommended previous knowledge
The seminar is intended for all interested master students.
Weekly discussion seminars of 2 hours duration.
- At least 80 % attendance and active participation in discussions is required.
- Presentation of papers
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Resit an examination
This course does not offer new examination in the beginning of the subsequent term for candidates who withdraw during an ordinary examination or fail an ordinary examination.
Withdrawal from an examination
It is possible to take the exam up to 3 times. If you withdraw from the exam after the deadline or during the exam, this will be counted as an examination attempt.
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.