INF5780 – Open source, open collaboration and innovation
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
Free and open source software philosophy, practices, lisences, and business models; open publishing, open science, and creative commons; open hardware; commons-based peer production and peer-to-peer, open and disruptive innovation.
The students shall attain a thorough theoretical as well as practical understanding of the various models of open and innovative collaboration on the Internet including the role of legal issues.
Students who are admitted to study programmes at UiO must each semester register which courses and exams they wish to sign up for in Studentweb.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures.
Recommended previous knowledge
No obligatory prerequisites beyond the minimum requirements for entrance to higher education in Norway. However, during the course, special projects may be designed for students with a more advanced background in certain areas.
10 credits overlap with INF5907OSI – Open Source – development and innovation (discontinued)
Three hours lecturing and exercises each week. There are mandatory individual presentations based on the group project and the course content. Rules for mandatory assignments.
A mandatory group project contributes 60% of the final grade and an individual oral exam the remaining 40%. All mandatory individual presentations must be approved prior to the exam. General information about the examination.
Grades are awarded on a scale from A to F, where A is the best grade and F is a fail. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Resit an examination
Students who can document a valid reason for absence from the regular examination are offered a postponed examination at the beginning of the next semester.
Re-scheduled examinations are not offered to students who withdraw during, or did not pass the original examination.
Withdrawal from an examination
It is possible to take the exam up to 3 times. If you withdraw from the exam after the deadline or during the exam, this will be counted as an examination attempt.
The subject is regarded equal to INF5907OSI – Open Source – development and innovation (discontinued) when practicing exam regulations.
It is strongly recommended to attend the first lecture since it will be given important information.