If you have a disability or a health problem that entails significant inconvenience in an examination situation, you may be considered for special examination arrangements.
What can you apply for?
- Extra time if your disability results in your working more slowly.
- An opportunity to rest or move around during the examination. The period of rest shall not be used to work on answers to the examination. Mothers who are breastfeeding may also apply for extra time to complete the exam.
- Aids such as software and dictaphones. It is your responsibility to master the use of such aids. If this is an aid you do not usually use, you should try it out in advance.
- Bench for resting, reading lamp, adjustable chair or table.
- An opportunity to sit in a smaller room.
Special arrangements shall not be so extensive that they provide an advantage in relation to other students. This means that you will not necessarily be granted the arrangement you have applied for
Allergy and exams
Pollen allergy usually provides no basis for additional examination time. Read more about pollen and examination (in Norwegian)
- 1 September for the Autumn semester
- 1 February for the Spring semester
Exemption: For medicine students and students on MED1100, OD1100 and ERN1100, the deadline is four weeks before the exam.
Illness after the deadline
Should you become acutely ill or suffer an injury after the deadline, you must contact the faculty's information centre as soon as possible.
Where do I send the application?
Send the application form together with documentation by mail to your faculty's information centre.
If you are taking courses and will have examinations at several faculties, you must send the application and attached documentation to each of the faculties.
Please note the following exceptions:
Faculty of Medicine
Bachelor and Master students, students taking the professional medicine study programme and students participating in the joint term with Clinical Nutrition should send their applications to Faculty of Medicine, PO BOX 1078 Blindern, 0316 Oslo, Norway.
You may also deliver your application: Faculty of Medicine at Sogn Arena, Klaus Torgårds vei 3, 1st floor, to the reception.
Faculty of Dentistry
Dentistry and Dental Health students should deliver their applications to the Student administration in the second floor in Geitmyrsveien 69, or send the application to Faculty of Dentistry, Studieseksjonen, P.B. 1142 Blindern, 0317 Oslo.