If you have a disability or a health problem which leads to significant inconvenience in the examination situation, you may apply for special examination arrangements.
What can you apply for?
The faculty decides which special arrangements you may be granted based on information in the application. Special arrangements should not be so extensive that they provide an advantage in relation to other students. This means that you will not necessarily be granted the arrangement you have applied for
For example, you may apply for:
- Extra time if your disability results in your working more slowly.
- Extra time for mothers who are breastfeeding.
- An opportunity to rest or move around during the examination.
- Aids such as software and dictaphones.
- Bench for resting, reading lamp, adjustable chair or table.
- An opportunity to sit in a smaller room.
If you are having a school exam in Inspera and need special tools such as spell check, image enhancement or text reading, you should apply for special examination arrangements.
Allergy and exams
Pollen allergy usually provides no basis for additional examination time. Read more about pollen and examination (in Norwegian)
- 1 September for the autumn semester
- 1 February for the spring semester
Illness after the deadline
Should you become ill or suffer an injury after the deadline, you must contact your faculty's information centre as soon as possible.
Where do I send the application?
Send the application form and documentation by mail to your faculty's information centre.
If you take courses and have examinations at more than one faculty, you must send the application and documentation to each faculty.
Exception for students at the Faculty of Dentistry
Dentistry and Dental Health students should deliver their applications to the Student administration in the second floor in Geitmyrsveien 69, or send the application to Faculty of Dentistry, Studieseksjonen, P.B. 1142 Blindern, 0317 Oslo.