When to apply
- The application portal for Summer 2018 is open.
- The application deadline is February 1.
- When you apply you must choose if you want to live on or off campus.
- On-campus space is limited and we recommend applicants who wish to live on campus to apply early.
- Admission to the ISS does not automatically grant students the right to on-campus housing at the Blindern Dormitory.
- Gather all the required documents, and upload them in the Application Portal within the application period.
- You can log in to the portal multiple times to upload documents, before the given deadline.
- If you need instructions on how to upload your documents, please read our guidelines for uploading documents.
6. Apply online
The application portal is open!
Register your application in the University of Oslo's online application system.
- Enter your full legal name, including middle name(s), exactly as it is written in your passport.
- Use one email address to avoid creating multiple user IDs/applications.
- Make sure that you apply for the correct type: Scholarship, on-campus or off-campus.
- You can apply as a self-financed applicant or as a scholarship applicant. If you apply for both your scholarship application will be rejected.
- US and Canadian applicants: please apply as "Self-financed", even if you apply for a scholarship. See why?
- There is no "Submit" button in the portal
- You can log in multiple times to complete your application and upload documents, by the February 1 deadline.
- If you need help, see our guide to applying in UiO's online application portal.
Please note! Your application will be considered invalid if you have not submitted all supporting documents by the deadline. Invalid applications will not be processed.
7. Get your application result
Scholarship results will be announced by April 15.
- Scholarship applications are evaluated by committees concurrently in one session for each course.
- You will receive an email with the result of your application when your application has been processed.
- "Scholarship" means you have applied for either just a scholarship or both scholarship and travel grant.