INF5205 - Advanced Topics in Design of Information Systems
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
This course will be given each semester with different content. The course is recommended toghether with INF5207. The course will provide a bass introduction to a theme within the research carried on in the Design-group. The course will include basic literature and important frameworks within the chosen theme aiming to give the students a basis for writing their Masters thesis in ways that contribute to the research. In this course the student are expected to carry out concrete experiments within the theme.
After you have completed this course you are able to:
- explain important concepts within the field
- describe central frameworks for design within the field
- apply the framework in analysis and evaluation in design
- translate concepts into concrete designs
Students admitted at UiO must apply for courses in Studentweb. Students enrolled in other Master's Degree Programmes can, on application, be admitted to the course if this is cleared by their own study programme.
Nordic citizens and applicants residing in the Nordic countries may apply to take this course as a single course student.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures for international applicants.
This course is only avaliable for student on the master program Informatics: design, use, interaction A maximum of 12 students (INF5205/9205) can get admission to this course.
1. Master students with this course in their approved study plan agreement who writes about the topic given in this course in their master thesis
2. Other master students at Department of Informatics with this course in their approved study plan, and has experience with the topic given in the course., and has written a report/essay about it in courses like INF1510/2260.
3. Single course students who has experience with the topic given in the course and has written a report/essay about it in courses like INF1510/2260.
Recommended previous knowledge
10 credits overlap with INF9205 - Advanced Topics in Design of Information Systems
The teaching will include lectures, discussions and concrete tasks. The teaching will be organized as a 4-5 week course preferably with some full days, in order to fit in with other courses and intensive courses.
80 % attendance is required and the students must be active in discussions. There are mandatory assignments that must be passed. Mandatory assignments and other hand-ins at Department of Informatics
A written report that counts 100 %. The mandatory assignments must be approved prior to the exam and and all parts must be passed in the same semester.
Examination support material
All examination support material is allowed.
Language of examination
You may write your examination paper in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish or English.
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Withdrawal from an examination
It is possible to take the exam up to 3 times. If you withdraw from the exam after the deadline or during the exam, this will be counted as an examination attempt.
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.