Eksamen i MAT4380 vil bli avholdt 27. mai i rom 801 i 8. etasje i NHA. Alle møter opp i rom 801 kl 9.15 på eksamensdagen for å få tildelt individuelt tidspunkt
The exam in MAT4380 will take place in room 801 (8th floor in Niels Henrik Abels hus) on May 27. Everyone meet in room 801 at 9.15 on May 27, and individual examination time will be assigned.
1. Linear transport equations in one spatial dimension. Numerical methods entropies and uniqueness of solutions.
2. The Riemann problem for scalar conservation laws. Entropy conditions.
3. Front tracking for scalar conservation laws, including convergence.
4. Uniqueness of entropy solutions to scalar conservation laws.
5. Monotone numerical methods for scalar conservation laws, convergence to the entropy solution.
6. Convergence rates for numerical schemes for scalar conservation laws.
7. The solution of the Riemann problem for systems of (hyperbolic) conservation laws.
8. Front tracking for systems of conservation laws (you don't have to go into much details...)
By popular demand, there will be lectures on Tuesdays also, 1015-1200, room 638 in NHA. I'll be able to lecture most Tuesdays, but probably not all.
Department of Mathematics
University of Oslo
P.O. Box 1072 Blindern
In case of fires, accidents or serious incidents +47 22 85 66 66