SPARK Norway projects
UiO:Life Science's innovation programme SPARK Norway for health related life sciences has a portfolio of 17 teams.
Six teams January 2019–
Admitted in January 2019 after the second open call autumn 2018.
A novel vaccine technology platform
- Project leader: Malin Bern, postdoc, Oslo University Hospital (OUS)
- Team members: Jan Terje Andersen (UiO) and Inger Sandlie (UiO)
Human antibodies for therapeutic, selective Notch targeting in rheumatoid arthritis
- Project leader: Guttorm Haraldsen, center leader (UiO)
- Team members: Anita Kavlie, Stig Krüger and Katarzyna Marciniak
High-Performance Cyclotron Target for Gallium-68
- Project leader: Gjermund Henriksen, professor II, Dep. physics (UiO)
- Team members: Bent W. Schoultz, Andreas Görgen and Sunniva Siem (UiO) as well as Elin Melby and Bjarne Tvete (Inven2)
- Watch Henriksen´s presentation at the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019.
mCAR: a universal approach for CART therapy against solid tumors
- Project leader: Ida Jonson, postdoktor, OUS
- Team members: Anders Tveita (OUS) and Marte Fauskanger, Inst. clin. med. (UiO)
A biologic therapeutic for pulmonary fibrosis
- Project leader: Ole Jørgen Kaasbøll, researcher, Inst. clin. med. (UiO)
- Team member: Håvard Attramadal, Inst. clin. med. (UiO)
Novel treatment for heart failure
- Project leader: Maria Vistnes, postdoktor, Inst. clin. med. (UiO)
- Team member: Geir Christensen, OUS and UiO
- Watch Vistnes' presentation at the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019.
Six teams January 2018–
Admitted in January 2018 after the first open call autumn 2017.
A novel strategy to tailor the pharmacokinetics of IgA antibodies
- Project leader: Simone Mester, Department of Biosciences, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, UiO
- Team members: Inger Sandlie (UiO) and Jan Terje Andersen (OUS)
- Watch Mester's presentation at the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019.
Tankyrase inhibition in cancer immune therapy
- Project leader: Jo Waaler, Faculty of Medicine, UiO
- Team member: Stefan Krauss, (UiO and OUS)
Novel therapy for currently untreatable hypertension
- Project leader: Henriette Andresen, Department of Pharmacology and Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Institute of Clinical Medicine, UiO
- Team members: Lise Román Moltzau (UiO) Finn Olav Levy (UiO) and Alessandro Cataliotti (UiO)
- Watch Andresen´s presentation at the SPARK Norway kick-off 13 February 2018
Restoration of a functional urinary bladder using cutting-edge technology
- Project leader: Jean-Luc Boulland, Norwegian Center for Stem Cell Research, UiO/OUS
- Team members: Mark Züchner (OUS), Henning Andreas Haga (NMBU), Andreas Lervik (NMBU), Vanessa Bettembourg (NMBU), Joel Glover (UiO) and Ole-Jakob Nilsen (OUS)
- Watch Boulland's presentation at the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019.
Novel therapy for ischemic reperfusion injury
- Project leader: Ana Isabel Costa Calejo, Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM), Faculty of Medicine, UiO
- Team members: Kjetil Tasken (UiO/OUS), Jo Klaveness (UiO), Ivar Sjaastad (OUS), Magnus Aronsen (UiO/OUS), Mohammed Amarzguioui (Inven2) and Kristin Sandereid (Inven2)
- Watch Calejo´s presentation at the SPARK Norway kick-off 13 February 2018
IVF FitTM: Optimising in vitro fertilisation hormone dosage
- Project leader: Ana Lobato-Pascual, Reproductive Medicine Department, OUS
- Team members: Péter Fedorcsák (OUS and UiO), Mei Ling Lim (Karoliska Institutet), Vidar Ulset (startup entrepreneur) and Krister Andersson (UiO)
- Watch Lobato-Pascual's and Anderssons' presentation at the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019.
Five teams December 2017–
Admitted in the pilot phase autumn 2017.
RACeR: Improvement of A Genetic Tool that Enhances Homology Dependent Gene Repair
- Project leader: Francesca Ferrucci (from March 2019), Oslo University Hospital, Department of Microbiology
- Team members: Caroline Køster, Deo Pandey, Terezia Prikrylova, Rune Forstrøm and Arne Klungland
- Watch former project leader Adam Robertson´s presentation at the SPARK Norway kick-off 13 February 2018
Petomics: a commercial Norwegian microbiome service for performance animals and pets
- Project leader: Pål Trosvik, UiO
- Team member: Eric Jacques de Muinck
Influenza vaccine that can be rapidly produced to counter an emerging pandemic threat
- Project leader: Gunnveig Grødeland, UiO
- Team member: Bjarne Bogen
- Watch Grødeland´s presentation at the main event of Oslo Life Science 2018
- Watch Grødeland's presentation on a public event of the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019 (in Norwegian).
Targeted pharmacological treatment of ventricular arrhythmias
- Project leader: Magnus Aronsen, UiO
- Team member: Jonas Skogestad
- Watch Skogestad´s presentation at the SPARK Norway kick-off 13 February 2018
Healthy soils for a healthy life
- Project leader: Kamran Shalchian-Tabrizi, UiO
- Team members: The research group MORPHOPLEX
- Watch Shalchian-Tabrizi´s presentation at the SPARK Norway kick-off 13 February 2018