SPARK Norway projects
UiO:Life Science's innovation programme SPARK Norway for health related life sciences has a portfolio of 23 teams.
Six teams January 2020–
Admitted in January 2020 after the third open call in the fall 2019.
Read the news.
Fabuli – Faster and Better Ultrasound Imaging
- Project leader: Professor Andreas Austeng, Department of Informatics, UiO
- Team members: Researcher Ole Marius Hoel Rindal and Elin Melby, Inven2
Novel Treatment for Patients with Glioblastoma
- Project leader: Postdoc Aleksandra Dukic, Institute of Clinical Medicine, UiO and Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital
- Team members: Professor Kjetil Taskén, Associate Professor Rafi Ahmad and Inven2
Development of a new product to relieve the symptoms of dry mouth
- Project leader: Professor Marianne Hiorth, Department of Pharmacy, UiO
- Team members: PhD student Julie Frigård, Professor Gro Smistad, Professor Janicke Liaaen Jensen and Professor Hilde Kanli Galtung
MyFood – a decision support system to prevent and treat disease-related malnutrition
- Project leader: PhD student Mari Mohn Paulsen, Department of Nutrition, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, UiO
- Team members: Professor Lene Frost Andersen, Dagfinn Bergsager and Gard O. S. Thomassen
Inhibition of aortic valve calcification
- Project leader: Professor Kåre-Olav Stensløkken, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, UiO
- Team members: Professor emeritus Jarle Vaage and Dr. Arsenii Zabernyk
A medical device for obesity treatment
- Project leader: Christer Tønnesen, Department of Health Management and Health Economics (HELED), The Institute of Health and Society, UiO and Oslo University Hospital
- Team members: Njål Høstmælingen, Professor Michael Bretthauer, Associate Professor Magnus Løberg, Professor II Lars Aabakken, Marianne Lyngra and Yuichi Mori
Six teams January 2019–
Admitted in January 2019 after the second open call autumn 2018.
A novel vaccine technology platform
- Project leader: Malin Bern, postdoc, Oslo University Hospital (OUS)
- Team members: Jan Terje Andersen (UiO) and Inger Sandlie (UiO)
Human antibodies for therapeutic, selective Notch targeting in rheumatoid arthritis
- Project leader: Guttorm Haraldsen, center leader, UiO
- Team members: Anita Kavlie, Stig Krüger and Katarzyna Marciniak
High-Performance Cyclotron Target for Gallium-68
- Project leader: Gjermund Henriksen, Professor II, Dep. physics, UiO
- Team members: Bent W. Schoultz, Andreas Görgen and Sunniva Siem (UiO) as well as Elin Melby and Bjarne Tvete (Inven2)
- Watch Henriksen´s presentation at the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019.
mCAR: a universal approach for CART therapy against solid tumors
- Project leader: Ida Jonson, postdoc, OUS
- Team members: Anders Tveita (OUS) and Marte Fauskanger, Inst. clin. med. (UiO)
A biologic therapeutic for pulmonary fibrosis
- Project leader: Ole Jørgen Kaasbøll, researcher, Inst. clin. med., UiO
- Team member: Håvard Attramadal, Inst. clin. med. (UiO)
Novel treatment for heart failure
- Project leader: Maria Vistnes, postdoc, Inst. clin. med. (UiO)
- Team member: Geir Christensen (OUS and UiO)
- Watch Vistnes' presentation at the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019.
Six teams January 2018–
Admitted in January 2018 after the first open call autumn 2017.
A novel strategy to tailor the pharmacokinetics of IgA antibodies
- Project leader: Simone Mester, Department of Biosciences, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, UiO
- Team members: Inger Sandlie (UiO) and Jan Terje Andersen (OUS)
- Watch Mester's presentation at the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019.
Tankyrase inhibition in cancer immune therapy
- Project leader: Jo Waaler, Faculty of Medicine, UiO
- Team member: Stefan Krauss, (UiO and OUS)
Novel therapy for currently untreatable hypertension
- Project leader: Henriette Andresen, Department of Pharmacology and Institute for Experimental Medical Research, Institute of Clinical Medicine, UiO
- Team members: Lise Román Moltzau (UiO) Finn Olav Levy (UiO) and Alessandro Cataliotti (UiO)
- Watch Andresen´s presentation at the SPARK Norway kick-off 13 February 2018
Restoration of a functional urinary bladder using cutting-edge technology
- Project leader: Jean-Luc Boulland, Norwegian Center for Stem Cell Research, UiO/OUS
- Team members: Mark Züchner (OUS), Henning Andreas Haga (NMBU), Andreas Lervik (NMBU), Vanessa Bettembourg (NMBU), Joel Glover (UiO) and Ole-Jakob Nilsen (OUS)
- Watch Boulland's presentation at the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019.
Novel therapy for ischemic reperfusion injury
- Project leader: Ana Isabel Costa Calejo, Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM), Faculty of Medicine, UiO
- Team members: Kjetil Tasken (UiO/OUS), Jo Klaveness (UiO), Ivar Sjaastad (OUS), Magnus Aronsen (UiO/OUS), Mohammed Amarzguioui (Inven2) and Kristin Sandereid (Inven2)
- Watch Calejo´s presentation at the SPARK Norway kick-off 13 February 2018
IVF FitTM: Optimising in vitro fertilisation hormone dosage
- Project leader: Ana Lobato-Pascual, Reproductive Medicine Department, OUS
- Team members: Péter Fedorcsák (OUS and UiO), Mei Ling Lim (Karoliska Institutet), Vidar Ulset (startup entrepreneur) and Krister Andersson (UiO)
- Watch Lobato-Pascual's and Anderssons' presentation at the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019.
Five teams December 2017–
Admitted in the pilot phase autumn 2017.
RACeR: Improvement of A Genetic Tool that Enhances Homology Dependent Gene Repair
- Project leader: Francesca Ferrucci (from March 2019), Oslo University Hospital, Department of Microbiology
- Team members: Caroline Køster, Deo Pandey, Terezia Prikrylova, Rune Forstrøm and Arne Klungland
- Watch former project leader Adam Robertson´s presentation at the SPARK Norway kick-off 13 February 2018
Petomics: a commercial Norwegian microbiome service for performance animals and pets
- Project leader: Pål Trosvik, UiO
- Team member: Eric Jacques de Muinck
Influenza vaccine that can be rapidly produced to counter an emerging pandemic threat
- Project leader: Gunnveig Grødeland, UiO
- Team member: Bjarne Bogen
- Watch Grødeland´s presentation at the main event of Oslo Life Science 2018
- Watch Grødeland's presentation on a public event of the Oslo Life Science Conference 2019 (in Norwegian).
Targeted pharmacological treatment of ventricular arrhythmias
- Project leader: Magnus Aronsen, UiO
- Team member: Jonas Skogestad
- Watch Skogestad´s presentation at the SPARK Norway kick-off 13 February 2018
Healthy soils for a healthy life
- Project leader: Kamran Shalchian-Tabrizi, UiO
- Team members: The research group MORPHOPLEX
- Watch Shalchian-Tabrizi´s presentation at the SPARK Norway kick-off 13 February 2018