Canvas for students
Students have access to Canvas rooms at the start of the semester.
Use your UiO username and password.
We recommend that you use Chrome or Safari. Internet Explorer is no longer supported.
- Canvas at the UiO (Canvas course in Canvas)
- Canvas guides for students
- Introduction video to Canvas
- How to change language in Canvas
You might take some courses that use Canvas and other courses that don't. We have some tips for you:
- Schedule: You get a personal course schedule in Mine studier (my studies)
- Messages: Messages from your study programme and course webpages are collected in Mine studier. You get notifications and messages from courses participating in the Canvas pilot in the mobile app.
- Set your notification preferences
We recommend that you primarily use canvas.uio.no on a laptop or desktop PC to keep track of your courses throughout the semester. You can also download the mobile app for Canvas, which will let you access your courses on the go.
The mobile version has somewhat limited functionality compared to the browser version of Canvas, but is useful for keeping up to date with notifications and announcements when you are away from your computer.
Help and user guides:
Questions about Canvas?