The University's buildings are spread out over several parts of Oslo. The main campus, Blindern, is located on the western outskirts of the city centre, and most of the faculties are located here. The Faculty of Law is located in the centre of Oslo.
Faculties and administration
At the UiO main campus, Blindern, you will find the administration for The Faculty of Humanities, the Faculty of Social Sciences, the Faculty of Education, the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences and the Faculty of Theology. The central university administration is also located at the main campus.
The University of Oslo’s original campus is located in the city centre, and here you find the Faculty of Law.
See areas and maps
Libraries and book shop
There are several university libraries on campus. On the Blindern campus there is also a book store, Akademika, where you can buy all the books and study materials for your courses. The shop is located in Kristian Ottosens hus (map).
On campus you will find student and employee welfare services and student organisations, and several shops and cafeterias.
- In Kristian Ottosens hus on Blindern you find the SiO Customer Service Centre (sio.no) which provides information about student welfare services, student housing services and student cards.
- The Foundation for Student Life in Oslo (SiO) is in charge of welfare services such as the Student Councelling and the Student Health Centre with general practitioners, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologist and dentists. These services are located on the second floor of Kristian Ottosens hus on Blindern Campus. Please see SiO Health Services (sio.no).
- You will also find a sports centre on campus, Athletica Blindern (sio.no).The main students sports centre, Athletica Domus (sio.no), is located at Vestgrensa, a ten-minute walk from Blindern Campus.
Shops and cafeterias
At Blindern campus there are several student cafeterias where you can have breakfast, lunch and dinner, or just a coffee. The largest cafeteria, Frederikke, is located on the second floor of the Frederikke building.
In the Frederikke building there is also:
- supermarket with post services,
- several smaller restaurants, among them a vegetarian pop up restaurant*,
- yoghurt bar with coffee, sandwiches, cakes, etc.*,
- Union371 - the student's new hang out at Blindern Campus.
*Please note that some of these may be closed in periods, due to holidays, etc.
There are also several other coffee bars and cafeterias on campus, see SiO Canteens and Coffeeshops for an overview.
If you are looking for a part time job, or if you are starting to plan for your career, you should visit the Career Centre, also located in the Frederikke building.
How to get to campus
From the city centre you can easily get to campus Blindern by metro (T-bane) number 4 eller 5. The metro stops at Blindern and Forskningsparken stations.
You can also get to Blindern by tram number 17 or 18. The tram stops at Universitetet Blindern and Forskningsparken.
There are also several bus lines with stops close to campus, or you may arrive on bike or by foot. See Oslo City Bike website, or VisitOslo's website for information about other options for getting around in Oslo.
Getting around UiO
UiO is a green campus with short walking distances between buildings and services.
Read more about our campus areas, buildings, museums, see where to find city bikes, where to park, etc. on our website with maps of university areas.