When to apply
Courses starting in June
- The Application Portal opens January 4
- The application deadline is March 1
2. Who can apply
- For summer 2022 we will offer in-person Norwegian for Academics classes. In person classes will only be available if national Norwegian infection prevention guidelines permit it.
- The summer session lasts for six weeks, students living abroad who wish to apply for an in-person class will do so at their own risk, and must arrange their own accommodation.
- All applicants must keep themselves updated on the rules/restrictions for traveling to Norway from their home country, if travel to Norway is impossible, the student must withdraw from the course by the cancellation deadline.
- Applicants residing outside of Norway/EU/EEA can apply for a regular visitor's visa to Norway (if required). If you have visa questions, these must be addressed to the UDI, not the UiO.
3. Determine your level
- Read our course descriptions
Applying for NORA0120: If you have attended a Norwegian level A2 course outside of the UiO (Norskprøven level A2), documentation of this must be produced on the second day of class. Students who fail to document their A2 level will be demoted to level I.
Applying for NORA0130: If you have attended a Norwegian level B1 course outside of the UiO, documentation of a passed Norskprøven level B1 must be produced on the second day of class. Students who fail to document their B1 level will be demoted to level II.
Applying for NORA0140: If you have attended a Norwegian level B2 course outside of the UiO, documentation of a passed Norskprøven level B2 must be produced on the second day of class. Students who fail to document their B2 level will be demoted to level III.
4. Check the course fee and how to pay
- Read about how to pay the course fee.
- Payment must be made in full - a payment plan is not possible. Please make sure that your budget can accommodate the course fees before you apply.
- Make sure you understand the cancellation policy before applying.
Please note: Students at NORA-courses level I-III, will not be granted student loans by Lånekassen.
5. Log in to the application portal
The application deadline was March 1. It is not longer possible to apply for these courses, but you can log in to the application portal to upload documents and check your application status.
- January 4 to March 1
- Gather all the required documents, and upload them in the Application Portal within the application deadline. Instructions on how to upload your documents.
- All qualified applicants who submit a complete application by the deadline, are guaranteed admission.
Former or current NORA or UiO students who have already uploaded documents online in the Application Portal:
You still need to choose your course in the Application Portal, but if you can still see your documents there you are not required to upload any documents again.
6. Getting your application results
Applicants can expect an admission answer around 1 month after the application is completed.
- Complete your payment after admission to secure your place.
- The payment deadline for summer 2022 is April 19th.
Accommodation: We cannot arrange accommodation for NORA students, and UiO/SiO offers no housing guarantee for NORA students. Hybel.no and finn.no are the biggest search engines for the private housing market.
For the summer term, NORA students are not able to apply for student housing through SiO.