Semester abroad

We recommend that you spend one (or two) of the semesters during which you have few mandatory courses, abroad.

Which semester you should take abroad will depend on the programme options you are following. The exchange should be organised in cooperation with your supervisor so you may select courses that are relevant to your master's programme. It may also be possible to work on your master thesis at one of our partner institutions.

We would particularly recommend the following exchange agreements for master’s students in geoscience:

Our students may also attend The University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS), which has many exciting courses in geosciences.

Would you like to go somewhere else? See the complete list of exchange agreements at the Department of Geosciences and the faculty’s list of student exchange options. You should also check out the university’s exchange agreements. Finally, you may also study abroad at your own initiative, independent of any of the University of Oslo’s agreements.

Did you find what you were looking for?
Published Jan. 23, 2017 3:29 PM - Last modified Feb. 7, 2018 12:54 PM