Get your admissions requirements and application deadline for this programme by following our guide.
Check your admission requirements and when to apply
Answer three questions in our admission guide to get
your application deadline
which documents to submit
access to the application portal Søknadsweb
Required academic background (visible to UiO employees only)
You must have a bachelor’s degree comparable to a Norwegian bachelor’s degree.
Required specialization and minimum grade requirement
You must have a minimum grade average comparable to a Norwegian C in the required specialization. A Norwegian C is described as a good grade, generally comparable to an American B and a Second Class Upper in the British system. We do not use conversion tables for foreign grades. All foreign education is individually evaluated during the admission process.
Please note that eligible applicants who fulfill the minimum grade requirement will compete for a study place. Please see the section on ranking for more information on selection criteria.
The required specialization consists of 80 ECTS credits where the following, or equivalent, courses are included:
- MAT1100 – Calculus
- MAT1110 – Calculus and linear algebra
- MAT1120 – Linear algebra
- IN1900 – Introduction to Programming with Scientific Applications / MAT-IN1105 – Programming, Modelling and Computations / INF1100 – Introduction to programming with scientific applications (continued) / INF1000 – Introduction to object-oriented programming (continued)
- STK1100 – Probability and statistical modelling
- STK1110 – Statistical methods and data analysis
- one of the following courses:
- 10 ECTS credits of other scientific course on bachelor level at The faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, except ENT1000 – Entrepreneurship.
If you have completed studies/courses outside the University of Oslo, you must upload course descriptions. The course names and codes on the course descriptions must match the transcript of records.