Student ID and Student Card
You can document that you are a student either with the digital student ID app on your mobile phone or with a semester receipt on paper and a student card.
The student card can give you access to buildings and rooms on the University, may allow you to obtain printouts and may be used as library card.
Student ID on your mobile phone
For a valid semester receipt in the student ID app you must:
- have registered as a student in Studentweb and
- have paid the semester fee
The picture in the app is the same as you have on your student card. It will be sent automatically to the app. Read more in the section about student cards.
The student ID is valid
- until 31 January in the autumn semester
- until 31 August in the spring semester.
Is the app not showing the current semester? Touch the three dots / gearwheel in the upper right in the app and select "Update" (requires internet access). In the digital student ID app, the semester receipt for autumn is visible from 1 July, and the semester receipt for spring is visible from 1 January.
Semester receipt on paper
- A semester receipt on paper is no longer necessary, but together with student card it is an alternative student ID.
- A paper semester receipt can be ordered in Studentweb. Go to 'More...' in the menu, choose 'Orders' and then 'Semester receipt'.
- A paper semester receipt will be sent to your semester address after some days. In July it will take longer.
Student cards can give you access to buildings and rooms at UiO together with the possibility of retrieving 'pullprint' prints from UiO printers. They may also be used as library cards.
- To obtain a student card, book time and then go to SiO Customer Service Centre at Blindern. The Centre is located in the Kristian Ottosen building - see map.
- You will need to bring your valid student ID app/paper semester receipt, and your passport/national ID.
- SiO will take your picture there.
Has your card been lost or stolen?
To renew your student card, book time and then go to SiO Customer Service Centre at Blindern.
All students at the University of Oslo have a UiO student number.
- The number is shown on your student ID. You will also find your number in Studentweb, on top of the page My profile.
- The student number may be used at UiO, e.g. if you enquire at one of the faculty information centres with a question concerning your studies.
- Your student number will not change even if you change your study programme at UiO.