Be a part of our digital summer school
The summer session starts on June 22 and ends on July 30. Find useful information below on how to prepare for the digital ISS 2020.
In order to participate in our digital courses, know that you will need access to the internet and a computer. You will need to use Zoom and the UiO digital learning platform Canvas. For most courses your computer will have to have a microphone and a web camera.
You can access e-books, electronic articles, databases and other online resources from the university library whether you are on campus or somewhere else.
A global, digital summer
June 15, 2020 11:04 AM
A special summer awaits all of those taking part in the very first digital International Summer School, which UiO will be presenting this year. I am impressed by the zeal and enthusiasm of the ISS team and the near 500 students worldwide who will be a part of this experience, and look forward to seeing the launch of the digital ISS on June 22nd.
Norwegian language courses
- ISSN0110 - Intensive Elementary Norwegian, Level I
- ISSN0120 - Intensive Intermediate Norwegian, Level II
- ISSN0130 - Intensivt mellomkurs i norsk, trinn III
- ISSN0140 - Intensivt kurs i norsk for viderekomne, trinn IV
- The default language setting in Canvas at UiO is Norwegian, and the default time zone is Central European Summer Time, please see this guide to change the language and time settings.
- Start learning Norwegian with UiO's free online 4 week course Introduction to Norwegian.
- Get started with digital teaching at UiO
- Learn about the learning management system Canvas
All digital classes this summer will be free of charge for our 2020 accepted students.
Please be aware that a limited number of textbooks in some of the courses will have to be covered by students themselves.
If you have special needs please contact us before June 1st.
- For special learning accommodation please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read more and apply for special examination arrangements