Courses in the Foundation programme for academic staff at UiO at LINK are suitable for you, a permanent or temporary scientific employee at UiO. We open places for course participants outside UiO only when there is spare capacity.
We look forward to seeing you on the course!
For you who is a UiO employee
- Select the course you want to sign up for
- Press the "Register" button when you are on the page that deals with the course for which you aim to apply
- You will be redirected to our search portal, where you follow the given steps to apply for the course.
You can also go directly to the search portal and submit your application. As an UiO employee, you log in with your username and password.
For you who is an external applicant
Please send us an e-mail with a request for your desired course. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with the structure and the obligatory order of our courses.
Courses are posted continuously as they are ready. Please be sure that you can attend all the course sessions before applying and then confirming your participation. Further information is included in each course description.
The schedule is published and courses are open for registration from 7 March
Note that some courses have their application deadline.
The schedule is published and courses are open for registration from 10 September
Note that some courses have their specific application deadline.
What happens next?
Registration of the application
You will receive an automatic receipt by email within one hour when we have received your application. If you have not received a receipt/confirmation, your application has failed to get registered. Please, try again. Contact us if it does not go through after your second attempt.
Response on your application
You will receive a response on your application within two weeks after the application deadline. If you do not confirm that you accept the offer, you will lose the place.
We may add your application on a waiting list due to capacity constraints. We keep you updated on the status.
Academic staff at the University of Oslo in all types of positions (both permanent and fixed-term contracts)
- A prerequisite for participating in the elective modules is that you attend the Introductory module
- A prerequisite for participating in the Development work for university pedagogy course is that you completed the Introductory module
- Minimum 80% attendance requirement for all courses
- There is no course fee for employees at UiO. The first meeting at Fellesdelen will be held at a hotel and requires accommodation. Participation costs for you who is a UiO employee are invoiced to and covered by your unit.
- The course fee for external participants is NOK 25,000.
Course calendar Spring 2023 - will become available 10.September 2022
Course calendar Autumn 2022 - open/ongoing admission
Course certificates for completed University pedagogical education will be automatically sent out at the beginning of the following semester after you have completed the course for a total of 200 hours. Contact us if you would like a separate confirmation for completed module/s.
Why take this programme?
The employee is obliged to fulfil the university pedagogical basic competence requirement within two years from the employment start date. The unit is responsible for arranging the employee's workload to have sufficient time to follow the university pedagogical education programme.
If you want to withdraw your application or opt-out of the course, be kind to contact us as soon as possible.
Other important information
To have completed the programme for university pedagogical courses, you must have attended a minimum of 80% of the teaching lectures and have completed the required assignments outside the sessions.
Please double check that you can attend all course sessions before confirming your participation. Do you have more questions? See if you can find answers in our overview of frequently asked questions.
Our team is happy to assist you with any questions you might have about the programme and application. Please, choose the right contact point for your requirement in regards to
- administrative matters
- finding your course leader or other LINK team members
- contacting the Leader of LINK-UP, who is responsible for university pedagogy courses