INF3121 – Software testing
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
The course covers fundamental concepts in software testing and specific areas such as: Testing throughout the software life-cycle, Static test techniques, Test design, Test management, Tool support for testing, Usability testing, Accessibility testing, Exploratory testing, Mobile software testing, Test automation and automation frameworks, and Intellectual property and licensing testing.
After completing the course you will know how to
- apply modern software testing processes in relation to software development and project management,
- create test strategies and plans, design test cases, prioritize and execute them,
- manage incidents and risks within a project, and
- contribute to efficient delivery of software solutions and implement improvements in the software development processes.
- 10 credits overlap with INF4121 – Software Testing (continued)
- 5 credits overlap with INF5530 – Foundations of Software Testing (discontinued)
- 5 credits overlap with INF9530 – Foundations of Software Testing (discontinued)
The teaching is a combination between presentation of theoretical concepts and exercises and discussions. It is dialogue-oriented and with a practical approach. 2 hours lectures and 2 hours of seminar per week. Discussion of project tasks. Mandatory assignments which must be completed during the course. Rules for mandatory assignments.
4 hours written digital exam. The mandatory assignments must be approved prior the exam.
Examination support material
No examination support material is allowed.
Language of examination
The examination text is given in English, and you submit your response in English.
Grades are awarded on a scale from A to F, where A is the best grade and F is a fail. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Resit an examination
Students who can document a valid reason for absence from the regular examination are offered a postponed examination at the beginning of the next semester.
Re-scheduled examinations are not offered to students who withdraw during, or did not pass the original examination.
Withdrawal from an examination
It is possible to take the exam up to 3 times. If you withdraw from the exam after the deadline or during the exam, this will be counted as an examination attempt.
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.
- It is strongly recommended to attend the first lecture since it will be given important information.