KJM5460 – Analytical chemistry. Separation methods II
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
The students are expected to be comfortable with the most important and the newest separation and detection methods, for the purpose of solving real world problems
- You understand advanced chromatographic and electrophoretic methods, including multidimensional systems, miniaturized systems and the basis for use of selective detectors
- you are able to choose the best separation- and analytical methods for different purposes
- you have knowledge of important solubility- and transport properties of gases, liquids and fluids
- you understand the separation principles of optical isomers
Students who are admitted to study programmes at UiO must each semester register which courses and exams they wish to sign up for in Studentweb.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures.
Recommended previous knowledge
Basic knowledge of chromatography.
- 9 credits overlap with KJ446
- 10 credits overlap with KJM9460 – Analytical Chemistry, Separation Methods II (discontinued)
Intensive course over 2 weeks, including 30 hours of lectures and 10 hours of group seminars.
The first lecture is mandatory. If you are unable to join, the Expedition Office has to be informed in advance (phone 22 85 54 46, or e-mail email@example.com). If you fail to register as an active student for the course in either of these ways, you will loose the access to the course for the given semester.
Oral exam counts 100 % of final grade.
Grades are awarded on a scale from A to F, where A is the best grade and F is a fail. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Resit an examination
This subject offers new examination in the beginning of the subsequent term for candidates who withdraw during an ordinary examination or fail an ordinary examination. Deferred examinations for students who due to illness or other valid reason of absence were unable to sit for their final exams will be arranged at the same time. (These valid reasons has to be documented within given deadlines.)
For general information about new and deferred examination, see
Withdrawal from an examination
It is possible to take the exam up to 3 times. If you withdraw from the exam after the deadline or during the exam, this will be counted as an examination attempt.
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.
The course is subject to continuous evaluation. At regular intervals we also ask students to participate in a more comprehensive evaluation.