PECOS4080 – Design seminar - Political science track
Schedule, syllabus and examination date
- Your ability to develop a research question and a matching research design will be enhanced.
- Your ability to evaluate the work of others will be strengthened along the same dimensions.
- Your oral skills will be enhanced.
Students who are admitted to study programmes at UiO must each semester register which courses and exams they wish to sign up for in Studentweb.
If you are not already enrolled as a student at UiO, please see our information about admission requirements and procedures.
The course is restricted to students that follows the political science track at the Peace and Conflict Studies programme.
Formal prerequisite knowledge
Only students who have been assigned a supervisor can participate.
- Attendance at the first seminar.
- Attend and participate actively in 2/3 of the seminars (You can not follow the course by Canvas).
- Present outline of master's thesis.
- Serve as a discussant on at least one other student's outline.
The number of seminars will depend on the number of students attending the course. We will devote 45 minutes to each student’s outline.
Absence from compulsory tuition activities
If you are ill or have another valid reason for being absent from compulsory tuition activities, your absence may be approved or the compulsory activity may be postponed.
Access to teaching
A student who has completed compulsory instruction and coursework and has had these approved, is not entitled to repeat that instruction and coursework. A student who has been admitted to a course, but who has not completed compulsory instruction and coursework or had these approved, is entitled to repeat that instruction and coursework, depending on available capacity.
You must have completed all mandatory activities to pass the course.
Language of examination
The examination text is given in English, and you submit your response in English.
Grades are awarded on a pass/fail scale. Read more about the grading system.
Explanations and appeals
Special examination arrangements
Application form, deadline and requirements for special examination arrangements.