List of items in risk assessment of work involving sources of radiation
The ventilation cabinet is the most important safety equipment in the laboratory.
Issues that must be ascertained in risk assessments for work involving sources of radiation:
- Does the project comply with the approvals granted to UiO for use of radiation?
- Are there any other methods that do not involve the use of sources of radiation (obligation to substitute)?
- Does the use of these sources of radiation involve any special requirements for the design of premises, such as ventilation, ventilation cabinets or shielding of walls, floors and ceilings?
- Are any physical safety mechanisms required, such as door interlock, warning lights etc.?
- How are the sources of radiation to be disposed of?
- Does the use of these sources of radiation require any special training?
- Does the transport of these sources of radiation involve any special requirements?
- Are targeted health checks required by legislation?
- Compiled by: HSE Unit
- Date of audit: 22.08.2012
- Version: 1
- Case and document no. in ePhorte: 2012/11454-52